Wednesday, April 25, 2012

P4: Tuesdays With Morrie, Change, and Character

I've been reading, "Tuesdays with Morrie." As I've been reading, I've slowly been opening my eyes to how I view other people, as well as how I view myself. I feel I can closely relate to the character and author, Mitch. He's focused on the future, focused on his job, carrying an "every man for himself" mentallity and letting his friends and family slip away.

Lately, I've been extremely focused on moving up at work, getting out of high school, and becoming an independent self-sufficient indivual. One of my long time friends has virtually disapeared, my band's falling apart, and so is my relationship with my family. I'm more stressed-out and short-tempered than I've ever been. I have been letting petty school asignments go to focus on working more and filling out scholarship applications. I've never felt such a surge of arrogance and pride run through my veins. I can't let things go on like this much longer, I'm driving myself insane.

I'm not sure how to ease-up on myself or others. I'm only seventeen so I'm going to attribute these behaviors to stress, change, and just growing up. As always, I maintain the ability to rise above the situation I'm in and analyze it. I don't always have the answers, but I can identify problem. Being away from everyone next year is going to be interesting. I'm excited and opptimistic about the move. I'm going to give it my all and continue trying to become the person I've always wanted to be. Things are coming together and I feel I've been learning, or at least making myself aware to a lot of good lessons lately. I need a good nights sleep, and a day off from everything. I'll leave you with a couple good quotes from the story. Enjoy!


"You closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too-even when you are in the dark. Even when you're falling."

“Accept who you are; and revel in it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment